As a sociologist and as a photographer, I engage with various aspects of the contemporary material, visual, and popular cultures. Forthcoming book-project: 'Flirting with Things and Images: Ephemeral Consumerist Encounters' (reviewed by Oxford University Press).
Integrating visual approaches to academic analysis, my works broadly explore the following themes:
- Consumer Culture and Advertising
- Contemporary Visual and Popular Cultures
- Auto-Voyeuristic Tendencies and New Ways of Seeing
- Planned-Obsolescence and Industrial Ruination
- Body-Image and Self-Representations
- Philosophy of the Photographic Medium
- Social History — 19th Century Bengal
Neel Dongre Grants for Excellence in Photography funded by The India Photo Archive Foundation (a collaborative visual project on recycling, later exhibited in India International Centre, April 1-11, 2016)
Student Fellow of the Media Fellowship Programme, Public Service Broadcasting Trust, 2007.
‘Student Stipends for Research on the City’ by Sarai, Centre for the Study of Developing Societies, 2007